Saturday 26 May 2012

Sandy Saturday!

WOW, what a day!  I've been on my feet all day but have achieved loads!  Even managed to squeeze a trip to the beach in - OK, OK, for those who do know where I live, the excursion only takes 3 minutes to get the sandy shores!  However, the whole trip lasted about 10 minutes (including travelling time!) as the wind was whipping up a sand storm! 

After tears from most of us (2 adults, 5 children and a dog!) we made an executive decision and came back home :(  But it did make us realise why the Egyptian princesses all wear veils in the desert; you can't blinking see otherwise!

On a "cakey" note, all the cakes have been baked and decorated for tomorrow's craft fair.  Here are a couple of pictures to show you what's on offer!

Rose Cupcakes...


Chrysanthemum Mallow Cupcakes...


And my personal favourite... "Ice Cream" surprises!


Yes, it's a cake topped with buttercream!  The un-meltable ice cream, which in this weather is a good idea!

I'll hopefully post more pictures for "Silent Sunday" tomorrow and then detailed instructions on the "how-to" next week!

Anyway, I'm off to bed for another busy day tomorrow!  Nos da!

1 comment: