Saturday 19 May 2012

Time to Pamper :)

Firstly, I must apologise for the lack of posts yesterday... it was a rather hectic day with a million and one things to do.  But I was proud of myself for managing to tick off the list all of the things that needed to be done - and that resulted in me being able to treat myself at a Pamper Evening organised by my local school's Parent Committee.

It was a great evening - for a small entrance fee there was a lovely buffet and numerous beauticians so we were able to choose what treatments we wanted to try!  From massage and holistic treatments to eyebrow shaping and "twinkle toes" nail art, it was a lovely way to wind down after a long day.

I'm not really a "girly-girl" but love to treat myself now and again - I've had the Twinkle Toes treatment before but this time treated myself to hair diamantes, like this...



They last about 1 week and will withstand gentle shampooing... I think I'll have to have these done again for a special occassion - I'll find a babysitter, have my hair done and then there's no excuse for my husband not to take me out!  Hee hee...

There was also a representative from The Body Shop at Home selling scrumptious pampering products - as a teenager I loved anything Dewberry-scented!  Even now, the smell takes me back to my high school days.....

Also, there was a lovely local lady EllieBelle Jewellery & Designs promoting her business and selling lovely jewellery items and gifts.  I love the wooden plaques she has for sale here and was definitely spoilt for choice as each saying could definitely apply to my house at one time or another!  From the jewellery side of things, I love the flower rings and my daughter loves the Moshi Monster danglers.  Pop over to her Facebook page and give her a "like" and a wave from me!

Anyway, off to sort the children out with their supper... it's Silent Sunday tomorrow so I'll speak to you all on Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment