Tuesday 8 May 2012

Day One...


Well, here goes!  I've been interested in blogging for a while but was undecided about what to write about.  Then, over the weekend whilst chatting to my friend - it struck me!  Food, glorious food!  I love to cook but sometimes see it is a necessity - after all, we all need to eat.  I try to make it fun and engage my children in the "safe" side of the preparation and cooking whilst teaching them about a healthy balanced diet.

I love to experiment with flavours.  Sometimes the outcome isn't quite what I expected but so long as I learn by my experimental "mistakes" that's fine!

I enjoy cooking in general but my passion is for baking; especially cupcakes.  I have my Mum to thank for this as my most frequent childhood memory is baking cakes on a Sunday with my Mum!  (The second memory that sticks in my mind is wasting a full tray of eggs trying to make meringues - but that's another story!)

I'm planning on blogging about once or twice a week as my home-life schedule is pretty hectic at times!  You'll get to see what I've been baking and/or cooking that week and learn a little about me and my family along the way.  There will be some competitions from time to time too, so spread the word and join in my virtual tea party!

The first picture that I want to share with you though, is the beautiful town where I live.... I wouldn't change this for the world!

10 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogger, Katie! Somehow I know your blog is going to make me want to get more cupcakes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be posting the healthier things that I eat too... we could guest blog each other - how to run-off the excess cakes and how to eat for fitness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Blogger Crystal. Can I ask you to consider changing the title of your blog? My wife has run a blog since 2007 and goes by katiecupcake (http://katiecupcake.com, http://katiecupcake.blogspot.com, http://twitter.com/katiecupcake, etc.). Anyway, she's been at this for years and it might help your odds as a new blogger to try to find a handle / blog title that isn't already occupied in the search engines, name recognition, etc.

    Obviously it's your blog & there's nothing wrong with using the title you think is best, but I just thought if offer it as a thought since your blog is just starting out!

    Best of luck in blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steven, Thanks for your advice - I've altered the name to reflect where I live but I want to keep the "Cupcake" aspect as that's what I love! There seems to be lots of "Katie Cupcake"'s out there but hopefully room for a little one!

      Delete
  4. yay hello *waves* I shall look forward to seeing what I an pop over to taste next :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is looking good - can't wait for the pictures and food ideas - When I first started blogging a few months ago a friend said 'watch out it is addictive' and she was right - finding time is the hardest thing. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY Welcome to blogging Katie. Looking forward to reading your posts and if you ever need a taste tester <jumps up and down in the air shouting "pick me, pick me!".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh! Will look forward to reading your blog! I love cooking. Im always on the lookout for new ideas for things to cook with my little girl too, as she loves cooking! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I look forward to being educated in edible delights :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just discovered your blog today and I think I'll be back. I've loved looking through the pictures of your lovely cakes. Very jealous to see where you live - one of my favourite places and I would move tomorrow (not sure hubby would agree though).

    ReplyDelete